Thursday 12 September 2013

Megaman 2

The iconic title screen
I have only just found the Megaman franchise.  Sure I knew about the games over the years, but never really played them.

I was looking on the 3ds store, and bought Megaman 2 on a whim. And boy, am I glad that I did.

I'm not going to go in depth on the game mechanics or anything here, because that has been documented many, many times around the internet, I just want to have a quick talk on the impact that this game has had on me, now.

So first things, this is a hard game. But it makes you learn, and you get better quickley. And when you think that you have a part mastered, something else comes along and the difficulty goes up.

One thing this game has tought me is how easy new games are. They hold your hand and walk you through levels and help you out. This does nothing of the sort, and even goes as far as trying to make you give up. Although I have to say, if you do die in the game, its YOUR fault. You simply were not good enough. Get better.

I think this mentality needs to come back into modern games (but that is a whole other discussion)

Get these games to play now. I think they will be even better that you remembered, and if you have never played a Megaman game, you are going to be in for a treat. No games I have played in the last 10 years even come close to the challenge that this series gives gamers.

I love this game. And I have Megaman 10 to do, and the original Megman 4 for the NES in the post winging its way to me. I'm going to busy the next few weeks I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment