Tuesday 17 July 2012

WAMP 2012!


August 11th 2012 is the WAMP 2012 live event in Mansfield, UK.

Who are WAMP? WAMP is a great miniature painting forum that can be found via this link. I have been a member for a while now, and it really is one of those places on the internet where you can just kick back and have a conversation about the hobby. Gaming wise, they don't talk about it a lot, as most of the posters there are helping out people or getting ready for a competition.

I have yet to find a forum that will help you out as much as the guys here will. If you need help, then these people will help you. I cannot stress how much these guys (and gals!) helped me when I first ventured there.

They also have a store, where you can find wonderful miniatures to paint. There is a wide range of miniatures there from companies that I personally had never heard of, and models that you will want. So buy from the store, get stuck and seek help in the forum. You cannot want for more than that!

There is also the webazine Portal, a run down of all things miniature with interviews from all over the industry. It really is a great read for anyone interested in the hobby.

2012 is the second WAMP live event. It is being held at the Maelstrom gaming store in Mansfield. Go here for the details. I hope that I shall be going, if I get much interest from around here I might make it the first TNG excursion.

The event will focus around a painting competition, with feature hands on painting help, and a separate speed painting contest. All in all sounds like a fantastic day out that we all need to go to!

Go and visit the WAMP forum, here at www.wampforum.com, and enjoy your stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment