Monday 20 August 2012

Yu-Gi-Oh trading card game

People who know me will know that I am not a great fan of trading card games. I don’t like the way that you blindly pay to get cards that you probably do not want or need, or have to pay over the top to get the cards that you want.

That may all be about to change however. One of the regular TNG goers brought a few decks to play the other night, and I decided to try something different and got him to show me the ropes. From the beginning, it looked overly complicated, with cards flying from hand to table, and then decks to other decks. But after one round, it all clicked. It became very simple in premise. You play cards from your hand, either face up or face down depending on what type of card it is, and then after they have been played to the table, you play the card itself, and once its being resolved the other player takes their turn.

Now, even though it is simple in premise, there seems a lot of strategy involved, as playing a a card at the wrong time will potentially lose you the game.

I am not going to go any further with the rules of the game, as there are a lot of rules. Do not be put of by me saying that however, as the rules, one you are playing, all flow nicely and make sense. Most of the special rules are are on the cards themselves, much like the Dominion cards.

I think over the next few weeks I am going to be getting myself some starter decks and exploring this game a little bit more, as I enjoyed this game, and it may have also changed my mind on collectable card games...

No comments:

Post a Comment